silicon valley in your pocket
Effective date: January 1, 2019
SVIYP (“the site” or “the platform”, collectively “the Site”): the offering called Silicon Valley In Your Pocket
Clients / Founders / Entrepreneurs (“User” or “Users”): users who request the help of experts on the Site.
Coaches / Investors / Executives: experts who provide services to Clients or otherwise make content available on the Site.
Service: the use of SVIYP and any related User activities with Coaches, Investors or Executives
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Profile Photo
Through use of the Service, you may also provide us with data that is not personally identifiable (“non-identifying data”). This includes additional profile information, such as, but not limited to, your:
- Idea description
- Online Deal Room we establish on Google Drive on your behalf
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Global Kinetics Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To send emails and other communications. We may use your email, name, and other information to send you notification emails and important Site and Account reminders.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation. We may use your personal information if required by law. An example of this is the collection and use of tax information for coaches.
- To provide, improve, maintain, and develop the Site and Services. For example, we use information collected from coaches expertise and founders requests to recommend mentors for jobs.
- For account management and other administrative matters. We may also access your personal data in order to help resolve disputes and answer your questions about your account.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
- To provide customer care and support
- To maintain and display your public profile. Every user and coach has a public profile on SVIYP.
- We display both information you provide us (e.g. biography, expertise) and information we collect (e.g. coach ratings and reviews, request count.)
- For marketing and promotional purposes. We may display targeted marketing and promotional messaging to promote our Services or Site. This includes, but is not limited to, emails, in-app notifications, web and browser notifications, and displays.
- For data analysis purposes We may use aggregated user and coach data to view trends across time to aid our product development.
- For testimonials and success stories. We may reveal your personal information as part of our testimonials and success stories. We will only ever do this with your explicit permission.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Global Kinetics Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Global Kinetics Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Data Storage, Retention and Security
Your Personal Information is password protected and our main servers are locked and hosted by leading third-party vendors, such as Auth0 and Amazon. Access to the host environment is secure. We maintain two types of logs: server logs and event logs. By using our Services or Site, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States and any other country where we operate.
We may retain personal information under circumstances including but not limited to:
- When we have legal obligations that retain this data
- If we suspect there is fraud or scam
- If you have an ongoing dispute with a coach or user
We take the security of your personal information very seriously, but no method of transmission over the Internet or of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
How we process payments for Service:
As an example, if you make an online payment for use of the Service, you do so using the Stripe third-party payment service. We do not store information on the purchase such as: your credit card information or profile information from that service. This is all managed with Stripe, hence your privacy is dependent on that service’s policy.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: [email protected]