Hopefully you have gotten through Module 1’s work. If you had any struggles or challenges, please do let us know in group office hours.
In Module 2 we will introduce several key activities related to establishing a company in a market, including legal, financial, sales, marketing and business development. Business development activities are applicable not only to customers and partners, but also prospective investors. We will help you avoid some of the pitfalls and introduce strategies to make credible, long-lasting connections.
Key things to do or document in Module 2 include the following:
- Learn about a resource, Stripe-Atlas, to help you do you legal and corporate work.
- Free online resources to help you do Patent and Trademark research.
- Strategies to use a HubSpot CRM to manage and track your contacts and deals, including investors, partners and customers.
- Strategies and a template to help you leverage your warm contacts for introductions.
- A list of online social networks, portals and business directories where you should be present.
- Introduction of Gust, the public-facing Deal Room site, along with sample investor questionnaires.
Please make sure to submit questions at least 12 hours in advance of our office hours. To maintain fairness, we will answer questions in the order that they are received. If there is time left at the end of the submitted questions, we will open up Q&A to anyone on the line. You can request to ask a question by submitting a comment in the chat window during the session. Please use the following link to submit your questions in advance: https://tinyurl.com/sviyp-weekly-questions.
Jeff Wallace & Kal Deutsch